Sharing a Hobby

Hello,

Today I just wanted to share a hobby that I have. An organization that I belong to is the Society for Creative Anchronism and there was an event here in St Louis on Saturday. What we do is recreate the best parts of the middle ages through clothing, dance, tournaments, arts and sciences. One of the arts that I like to participate in is scribal work and at crown tourney this weekend there was a preprint table so I painted a scroll and thought I would share. Here are just a few pictures. 

Just starting to paint



  

The finished scroll




         

Close up 



                       

A Preprint has all of the calligraphy done and the image outlined so the scribe only has to do the painting. These scrolls are given as awards for service, still in fighting, archery, equestrian, arts or sciences. If you click on the images they will open into a larger picture.

Now here are a few pictures of people and court.






Hope you enjoyed this, thanks for stopping by. 

     Huggs
          ~Iantha~

Comments

Popular Posts