Welcome to the Jungle, baby card




Thursday my daughter and I were looking at cute baby items because we were to go to a baby shower for a friend of hers. The new mother was having a boy and was doing a theme of jungle animals. So we found a baby sack with elephants on it, a cute blanket with a giraffe, booties and mitts with monkies and an adorable elephant toy. As we are gathering up all of our purchases DD says, Can you make a card to match this? I say, Sure.

I head home realizing that I have absolutely no stamps for baby cards. Now this is Thursday night and the shower is on Sunday, so there is no time to place and order and get it in before the party. So I am thinking to myself, I have seen cute animals made from punch art I can do something like that. I get out my punches and start to play. But it was late and I didn't get far before I needed to get to bed. 

Well Friday morning comes early and I have to head to work, thinking I still have tonight and Saturday to make some cute animals. When I get home from work on Friday I have a Stampin' Up! box waiting for me, nice it if full of items from the holiday mini. Lots of lovely stuff from the Frostwood lodge suite, my simply scored scoring tool and the stocking die.
Yes fun stuff, so I started playing around and if you are anything like me you like to blog hop to see all the wonderful ideas that other stampers come up with. I have seen the Stocking die make cute stockings, witches boots, and booties. Hummmm could I make a bootie card, it is baby : ), but not animal : (.

So I continue to think and remember seeing the stocking builder punch used to make a stick horse, well that is an animal and the die is like the punch only larger so lets play. But I want to keep with the theme so I tweaked the design a bit and change that horse into a giraffe. He pretty much looks the same except I added the little nob to the top of his head and gave him a spotted neck. I think he turned out pretty darn cute!!! 

Here is the card and the inspiration.



Stamp set: Curly Cute, Tiny Tags
Ink: Soft Suede, Bashful Blue
Paper: Crumb Cake, Bashful Blue, Very Vanilla,
Tools: Big Shot, Stocking Die, Word window, 1/2" circle punch, 1" circle punch, Owl punch for the small dot on his nose, Jewelry tag punch, Square Lattice embossing folder
Adorable Details: Baja Breeze seam binding ribbon for the mane, Bashful Blue taffeta ribbon- retired, vintage trinkets, Neutrals buttons





Thanks for stopping by,
See you soon

Huggs
   ~Iantha~

Comments

Popular Posts