Winter Banner

  


Supplies:
CD's enough for the word you are creating
Old Jeans
Wire
Lace
Ribbon
Card stock or designer paper
A printout of the letters for your word
A variety of stamps to stamp the letters with
Black Stazon
Whiter shimmer ink
Colored Pencils
Double stick tape
Glue stick

To create the winter banners I upcycled a few items. First cut a pair of jeans into strips. If the length of the jeans is not long enough for your word you can piece two together, just make sure to position the splice behind one of the CDs. Figure out where you want your CDs. Attach the lace to the denim strip with staples so that they are hidden behind the CDs. On one of the banners I placed the lace on top of the denim so that you can just see it peeking through and on the other I have the lace behind the denim giving a nice lace edge.

Find an items slightly smaller than your CD to trace a circle onto the cardstock or designer paper that you will be using for your background.

On the blue cardstock I stamped iridescent snowflakes. The designer paper didn't need anything else.

I found a font that I like and used word art to get a good size that would fit into my circle and still have room for stamping. I then stamped wintery images and colored them in with color pencils.  You could use markers if you want a more vibrant image.

Cut out the colored letter and glue to the circle. Use double stick tape to attach the paper circle to the CD. Hot glue the CD's to the denim. 

For the top I used wire and bent it into a D shape. Feed the denim through the D and fold over making a tail at the top. Glue this in place and tie a ribbon around it. Notch the top tail and the bottom of the banner for a nice finish.





 










Comments

Popular Posts