What I'm Reading

Hello All!

I just want to share this phenomenal series that I am reading. The books are by Emma Jane Holloway and include A Study in Silks, A Study in Darkness and A Study in Ashes. I love the combination of magic and machinery in this Steampunk version of Victorian London. The fact that she incorporates the amazing Sherlock Holmes as one to the supporting characters tickles my fancy to no end.

There is great character development, you feel for all of them. Even the bad guys have their moments of warmth and weakness that helps you feel their motivation and then the twist is thrown in that sets you back to disliking them once again. The main character Evelina Cooper, niece of Sherlock  Holmes is lovely in all her imperfections. 

The machines are described with such detail that you can envision them. I so want to build a mouse and bird just like Evelina's, even though I don't have the power to bring them to life.

Good Reads Everyone.

Thanks for stopping by

~Huggs~
     Iantha

Comments

Popular Posts