Big River Steampunk Festival ~ Costume Contest


I headed up to Hannibal for the Big River Steampunk Festival once again. There was lots to see and do, so I will probably make a couple of posts as they will be picture heavy.

Lets start with the finale of the costume contest. Earlier in the day they had a preliminary contest which had about 120 entries and then they narrowed it down. These were the final 12. 




Judges table. Tom Willeford 
and members of the Children of Proteus



The MC with the first contestant
a mechanical doll.


I got a better shot of the doll in the audience


This gentleman's story was that he was a butterfly rescuer, time traveler who fixed history. He had a device and a book that would let him know what had been changed and he would travel back in time to save the butterfly that was inadvertently killed and thus altered history. In essence he prevented the butterfly effect.


A team of Vampire Hunters



I moved to get a better vantage point
Here we have a fairy and a artist


This young lady was an Aviator


A better view of her jet pack


Annie Oakley?



A Ghost Buster



Great view of his pack


I didn't hear everyones story, but the girl in red is Little Red Riding Hood.



I missed a couple of the contestants when I was moving.
This young lady was one of the ones I missed on stage.


As was Donatello


A side view of Donatello.
You can also get a glimpse of the fairy's wings.


The final three were the Doll, the Aviator and the Ghostbuster. The Winner was the Ghostbuster.

Who Ya Gonna Call!!!!

I'll post more of the festival later.




Thanks for stopping by

~Huggs~
     Iantha








Comments

Popular Posts