Steampunk Display


Hello,

At the library where I work we have the opportunity to make displays. So for August I had the lobby display case and chose to created a Steampunk display. 

This is the top left shelf. I hand cut the letters and added gears and trinkets, the letters are then attached to the backing board with brads. The backing board is foam core covered with fabric.

The top right has some beautiful steampunk scrapbook papers surrounded by descriptions of the genre.


Here are some closeups of the display.  Most of the books are from the library but a few are my personal copies.


The round item in the center is the Steampunk Arc Reactor I created for my daughters cos-play of  Lady steampunk Ironwoman.


A closeup of my pith helmet. You also get another look at the Broken Gears Tale, Out of the Shadows by Dana Fraedrich. I had the pleasure of meeting her at the Big River Steampunk Spring Faire.


I had this lovely vintage copy of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and couldn't resist pairing it up with the Octopus sculpture.


I added a small spyglass and compass on top of the black velvet shawl. I love how the gold satin lining sets off the books and compliments the brass of the instruments on the black velvet.


On the other side of the bottom I highlighted the books with a few gears.


And finally an image of the whole display.


Thanks for stopping by.

Huggs
     Iantha 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts