Working on some junk journals


 


I started to dismantle these books and found some wonderful images. I will be using them in several junk journals. The themes will be Explorer, Archaeologist, and Egyptologist.

 

 

I love the illustrations and the black and white photos. They are perfect for journals set in a time frame of the late 19th century to the early 20th century.

 

 

The covers have just enough ware to give that shabby vintage feel but are still in good condition. I would like to do a couple of styles. One that is ring bound, one that is book bound and one that removes half to a third of the book pages so that the book can be altered with decorations and ephemera.


Here you can see the title page showing the publication date of 1934.  It feels so odd that we are getting so close to the century mark with this date, just 11 years away.  It seems not that long ago that anything 100 years old was from the 19th century.  I do believe I am dating myself.    : (


Thanks for stopping by,

~Huggs~

     Iantha
 

Comments

Popular Posts