Connections



 I have not gotten around to seeing the TV series Downton Abbey, though many people have told me it was very good and today I was looking at stuff on Amazon and saw the book Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey and was reading the review when the connection hit me. 

This lady was the wife of Lord Carnarvon who was the sponsor of Howard Carter and the discovery of King Tut's Tomb. So now I am intrigued and want to see the series just to see the home of Lord Carnarvon and I really want to read the book.

I mean with this second connection to some of my other interests I don't see how I can not watch the show. I was tempted just because one of the characters was played by Dame Maggie Smith aka Professor McGonagall.  I have only seen her in Harry Potter so was interested to see if this character would feel like an extension of her McGonagall character or if she would be totally different.

I will let you know what I think after I have seen several episodes. If you have any thoughts do share, I look forward to hearing them.

Thanks for stopping by
See ya soon

~Huggs~
     Iantha

Comments

Popular Posts