Morning Coffee ~ What is a Blog



A Blog -- is it a Journal with pictures? 
      Or a Scrapbook with words?

I started "blogging" long ago 1999 ish. 

MSN had communities where you could post and people could join your group and respond to your posts. You also had the ability to create custom pages with html. So you could make it as pretty or utilitarian as you wanted.

I participated in a couple of communities that a friend ran and had a couple dedicated to history resources of my own. In a way these were blogs with a narrow theme. 

I had:

 Inglewyck An Anglo Saxon community that discussed English history form 400 to 1100.

Egyptomania which touched on our fascination of all things Ancient Egyptian.

Celia had:

Things Medieval in the Modern World where we discussed art, architecture, books, movies, and fashion that were inspired by the Middle Ages.

But MSN discontinued these in the mid 2000's and I stopped having an online presence for a bit. 

In 2010 I got into Stampin' Up and started Iantha's Ink to post about the cards that I was creating. I also posted about other crafts that I did and the craft fairs that I participated in. 

Today I still get crafty and post about them and the craft fairs. If you check back to the fall you will see several post on craft fairs and the work I was doing. I get more crafty in the  fall as that is the peak season for fairs. 

I have also repurposed the name Inglewyck and post on that blog about my felt crafts. I don't get over there as often since they have taken a backseat to my Inky crafts.

Am I rambling,
       Sorry : (


So back to what is a blog?  I think it is a bit of both, I am using mine now as more of a journal since as I said before that blank pages kind of make my mind go blank. But with the blog, kind of like a scrapbook I can start with a picture and the let the thoughts flow from there.

How do you blog?

    Is it a journal?
    Or a scrapbook?

Leave a reply in the comments I would love to here your point of view.


Thanks for stopping by
~Huggs~
     Iantha

Comments

Popular Posts